Secondary Mastery Specialist Applications – Deadline Extended
Applications for teachers to train to become a Cohort 5 Secondary Mastery Specialist are now open with the application deadline extended until Monday 1 June. This is fully funded CPD (Travel and cover costs) over a three year period, with each year being a 15 day commitment.
Those already engaged in developing mastery in their own school all say that the impact on students is :
· Improved confidence in Mathematics
· Willingness to try any task and persevere
· Improved ability to mathematically articulate their reasoning and argue their view point
· Improved problem solving skills
· Students have increased success in lessons which increases their enjoyment and engagement
· Test and exam results show that the tail is much closer to the rest of the cohort and the cohort in general is getting higher results than in previous years
· Students are learning why maths works and how to explain mathematically
If you have been teaching for at least three years then this may be the developmental journey for you.
Further information and details for application can be found here https://www.ncetm.org.uk/resources/53452