Yr5-8 Continuity, Bracknell Forest
|Yr5-8 Continuity, Bracknell Forest||free||Expired|
- Yr5-8 Continuity, Bracknell Forest
21st June 2019
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Teachers from different phases will work together in this Work Group, to improve communication between Key Stages 2 and 3, with the overall aim of improving continuity of learning by pupils in the four years between Years 5 and 8. Participants will focus on multiplicative reasoning and develop a consistent approach to it through discussion, joint lesson design and delivery, observation and the development of documentation to support continuity.
Who is this for?
Secondary school maths teachers and all primary school teachers. Each Work Group will consist of pairs of teachers, from linked, or neighbouring, primary and secondary schools, working together to develop a shared understanding of the teaching that gives the best chance of pupils progressing steadily in their mathematical understanding between Years 5 and 8.
What is involved?
- 3- whole day sessions from 9am – 3.30pm
- Lesson study gap task
- Participant teachers will gain a deeper knowledge and understanding of progression in mathematical learning between years 5 and 8, and, in parallel, a clearer understanding of the teaching approaches and pupil experiences that best serve that purpose, particularly in the ‘other’ school phase.
- Participant teachers will further their experience and understanding of how representations and structures can be used to help pupils develop sound mathematic understanding.
- Teachers will develop shared approaches to planning and delivery of the mathematics curriculum across KS2 and KS3
- Teachers involved in the Work Group will share and disseminate good practice within their own schools and departments
Funding: Funded by Maths Hubs and offered free of charge to delegates
Work Group Lead: Lucy Sayce-Browne
For more info: 18-14 Y5 to Y8 Continuity Info Sheet
Venue Phone: 01252 873069
Venue Website: www.forestlearningalliance.org.ukAddress:
Forest Learning Alliance: Uplands Primary School & Nursery, Albion Road, Sandhurst, Berkshire, GU47 8JZ
Parking: limited parking is available onsite. There is free parking at the Sandhurst library, which is about a 4-5 min walk,